How we are engaging young people
Youth Out Loud! (YOL!) is a Healthwatch project run by children and young people. YOL! was launched on 8 April 2019 and it is supported by Richmond and Kingston Councils, Clinical Commissioning Groups and Achieving for Children.
What we are doing about mental health
- Time to Change - Kingston has been selected as one of eight areas to tackle mental health stigma locally after winning a bid to become one of 2019’s Time to Change Hubs.
- Review the transition of young people from Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) to Adult Services.
- Review online server user experience of iCope Kingston Psychological Therapies Service
- Chair and administrative support for the 'Thrive Kingston Mental Health Strategy and Planning and Implementation Group'
- South West London and St George's Mental Health Trust Partner Fund - supporting a partnership approach to mental health awareness
- Monitor progress of specialist service provision to people with Unstable Personality Disorder (EUPD)
How we are making an impact on hospital services
- Create an online hospital services patient experience survey
- Research patient experience of inpatient wards at Kingston Hospital NHS Trust
- Continue to monitor Kingston Hospital NHS Trust complaints and procedures
How we are supporting people with learning disabilities
- Capacity building Healthwatch Kingston to improve access and support meaningful engagement with local people with a learning disability
- Develop a new Learning Disability Task group of people living with a learning disability, their family and carers
- Chair and administrative support for the 'Kingston All Ages Learning Disability Partnership Board'
How we are making an impact with community care
- Examine the impact of Kingston Co-ordinated Care on service users, patients and where possible, their carers. Review individual services such as Connected Kingston.
- Explore developing the Community Reference Group for adult safeguarding to become a sustainable adjunct to the Kingston Safeguarding Adults Board.