Hi! My name is Eli and I am a Time to Change Kingston Champion.
This is a useful tip I have been using during this time to help me look after my mental health and stay healthy. Hopefully it will be of some use to others, but we are all different, so it may not work for everyone!
Goal setting helps me to develop an action plan which encourages me to carry out my tasks. It helps me to motivate myself during challenging and uncertain times we are going through.
Suggestions for creating goals
1. Setting your goals
I create goals by making sure that they are SMART:
- Specific: my goal is direct and meaningful
- Measurable: my goal can be tracked by progress or success
- Achievable: my goal can be achieved
- Relevant: my goal is relevant to improving my mental health
- Timed: my goal has a deadline
2. Types of self-care goals
My physical goal is to take my medication daily. My mental health goal is to manage my stress levels. My lifestyle goal is to go for a walk each day.
3. Be realistic
I set 3 goals a day to help me:
- Set priorities
- Stay motivated
- Boost self-confidence
- Concentrate better