Latest YOL! Podcast Venture
During the first Covid-19 lockdown YOL! identified that overall, young people did well in terms of mental health however, some struggled with both their mental and physical health as a consequence of the pandemic.
We found that young people are seeking reliable sources of information to maintain or improve their wellbeing other than social media, and that they trust schools to undertake this role. Finally, we realised that it is everyone’s responsibility to help young people develop resilience, and we pledged to act upon this.
Are you interested in helping us create more podcasts?
Our podcasts will address topics of interest to young people, provide signposting opportunities to local and national services and increase young people’s knowledge of projects undertaken by YOL!.
If you are a member of school staff, we would like to have a chat with you about how we could support your pupils, to access information on Health & Wellbeing and where to get support, and how you could support us recruiting new young people to help us in our valuable work.
If you are aged 13 - 17 and tick the following criteria boxes below:
● Live in Kingston or Richmond Boroughs
● Have understanding or listen to podcasts
● Interest in developing podcast-making skills (creating, recording and/or editing)
● Interest in Health & Care services
● Interest in Youth Out Loud!’s services
We want to hear from you!
The benefits of getting involved:
● Becoming part of an amazing group of local young people
● Hours towards the Duke of Edinburgh Award
● A full induction/training will be provided
● Further training opportunities
● Opportunity to get involved with YOL!’s projects
● New skills gained: communication, media and presentation skills, project coordination, understanding of how health & social care services work.