The overarching theme for the week is ‘Creating Safer Cultures’. During the week we will be running the following sessions:
- Emotional Abuse and Safeguarding Mental Health – facilitated by the LondonADASS mental health steering group. Luncheon via Microsoft Teams (15 November, 12:00 – 12:45)
The Power of Language – LSAB 2021 conference. Via Zoon (16 November, 10:00 – 14:30). To register your place, click the following link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lsab-conference-2021-tickets-169282581759
- Digital Safeguarding – facilitated by Amelia Hajek, Cyber Protect Officer, City of London Police. Luncheon via Microsoft Teams (17 November, 12:00 – 12:45)
- Adult Grooming – facilitated by Louise Rochester, Metropolitan Police Service. Luncheon via Microsoft Teams (18 November, 12:00 – 12:45)
- Creating Safer Organisational Cultures – opportunity to hear from you. Luncheon via Microsoft Teams (19 November, 12:00 – 12:45)
- Safeguarding and you – facilitated by the London Safeguarding Voices Group (LSVG). Luncheon via Microsoft Teams (20 November, 12:00 – 12:45)
For more information about the schedule of events (including links to the daily luncheons) please click the following link http://londonadass.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/2021.11.06-Annual-Safeguarding-Conference-Programme-for-the-Day-v16.pdf
Your voice is important to us | Join The LSVG to make a difference In Safeguarding across London - YouTube
If this video has inspired you, please contact Hen Wright by email:
Background: A key ambition of the London Safeguarding Adults Board is to firmly embed the voice of the person with lived experience of safeguarding in the process of safeguarding.
To support this ambition, the London Safeguarding Voices Group, coordinated by Healthwatch Kingston, has been working together since August 2021. This new London wide initiative brings together people with lived experience of safeguarding from each London borough.
There’s real power in listening to people with lived experience as we can learn in a two-way relationship how to get the safeguarding process right for all adults in London.