As part of our role at Healthwatch we provide an information and signposting service to the public about accessing health and social care services. What our service is…
- A free, friendly and confidential service that is independent from the NHS and social care services.
- We will perform a signposting role only. This means that we will give the you the contact details for a range of services that best supports your request. You will then need to contact those organisations yourself.
- We can give you information about choices you have with regard to where you might get help in relation to your health, social care and wellbeing needs.
- We can give you information about what to do when things go wrong and you don’t understand how to make a complaint.
Need to make a complaint?
1. Contact the service you are not happy with directly e.g. the practice manager at your GP surgery.
2. Alternatively, or as a further step you can complain to whoever commissions the service. You can find out who commissions your NHS service by visiting Citizen's Advice.
3. If you are not happy with the response you receive to this complaint the next step is to make a complaint to the Ombudsman.
Need to find services?
Enter your post code in the box below to find NHS services in your area.